Oman AgroFood Webinars
Join The Conversation
Agriculture in Oman has been important for centuries. The government's economic development policy emphasizes the expansion of non-oil sectors such as agriculture, fishing, industry, and mining in its bid to diversify the economy and diminish its dependence on oil exports.
The agriculture sector’s contribution to Oman’s Gross GDP grew 5.1% to reach a value of RO 312 million in 2017, up from RO 297 million a year earlier, underscoring the importance being accorded by the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries, as well as the Omani government, to this key sector. The ministry continues to develop programs aimed at boosting agriculture and farm production by exploiting available resources and promoting sustainable means.
Oman AgroFood webinars, part of IFP Group Webinar Series, aim to address opportunities that recent global developments present in the agriculture sector. The webinars will bring together key industry experts, innovators, and investors to share insights, highlight opportunities and recent innovations, and lay down the way forward.
Technology & Innovation in the World of Agriculture
Date: Wednesday, July 22nd, 2020
Time: 04:00 PM Oman (GMT+4)
Registration: Free of charge
The webinar will explore:
- Innovation and Technologies to Achieve National Target of Food Security
- How to Invest in the Agriculture Sector?
- Overview on Successful Projects Around the World
Phillip Higgins, Director in Ventures Onsite
- Saleh Al Shanfari, Chief Executive Officer, Oman Food Investment Holding Company (OFIC)
- Redha Said Khalfan Bait Faraj, Assistant DG of Fisheries Marketing and Investment, Ministry of Agriculture & Fisheries Wealth
- Mohammed Amer Al Mashani, Chief Executive Officer, Omani National Livestock Development Company (ONLDC)